KIRK THIS WHY YOU GOTTA FILL OUT THE LOG
“With the successful reboot of Star Trek on the big screen, some of you may be wondering could such a thing happen for Next Generation?
A few weeks ago, Marina Sirtis hinted that she felt this was the way the spin-off of the popular series could go and now Data himself says that a reboot could happen in a couple of years.
Talking to Trek Movie, Spiner says, “I do think it is likely they will reboot Next Generation some day. I don’t see Star Trek ever ending. I think it would better if they went further into the future, past were we did or the original series or Voyager or Deep Space or any of them, and continues the saga. I am not that keen on going backwards because then it becomes history instead of the future.”
Spiner says that he hasn’t revisited Next Generation on Blu-Ray yet and that he rarely watches old episodes from the series’ seven year run.
“It was like “what do I watch, old episodes of the show I did or Boardwalk Empire? I think I’ll watch Boardwalk Empire,” he says.”
"Spiner Sees ‘TNG’ Reboot" - Slice of Sci-Fi
Reposting these for posterity.
I just watched the TNG episode “Who Watches the Watchers,” and I must say, it was one of the finest pieces of science fiction I have ever seen, and one of the most important messages in all of fiction itself.
It moved me nearly to tears.
It was nice to see the promotion of knowledge, understanding, and the dispelling of superstition being lauded as the right, fair, and ONLY thing to do rather than nonsensical beliefs and fairy tales that only cause harm and hatred being “respected” for no good reason.
Excellent episode. One of my favorites.
“Who Watches the Watchers” is in my top five favorite TNG episodes. It will never ever ever beat “Tapestry” or “The Inner Light” though.
One of my favorites as well, along with The Inner Light and Chain of Command.
Star Trek? :D (either original or Next Generation :) )
Never seen much of the original, so TNG it is!
- favorite male character: Data! Every Data episode is the best and I will knife anyone who says otherwise.
- favorite female character: Hmm, TNG was kind of sparse in the lady department. Probably a three-way tie between Bev, Troi, and Guinan.
- least favorite character: Lore. May he rot in android hell.
- prettiest character: Riker. Duh.
- funniest character: Data, bless his heart.
- favorite season: All the episodes are kind of a blur! I have little idea what went where.. I think I liked the middle bits best, so seasons 3-5?
- favorite episode: Tough one… I’d probably have to go with “The Inner Light”, despite the sorry lack of Data.
- favorite romantic ship: Troi and Riker. Well, no, I take that back. Troi and Thomas. (I am SO. VERY. ANGRY. with how Thomas was treated by the show(s). SO ANGRY.)
- favorite family ship: Bev, Picard, and Wesley. He was practically his dad in a constantly-annoyed-yet-proud sort of way?
- favorite friend ship: Geordi and Data - bffs to the max.
- worst ship: Worf and Troi. Who in the hell thought that was a good idea. Seriously.